Opening Day 2009 is
Opening Day 2009 is here!
Saturday, April 18th at James Monroe Park
Come see the parade of players and enjoy in all of the day’s festivities including awards, speeches, the ceremonial first pitch to officially open the season, 50/50 raffle, prize raffles, refreshments at the snack bar and a whole lot more.
- 8:00AM - volunteers should arrive for assignments
- 9:00AM - players should arrive. Players should be in full uniform. We will line up them down on the Pony Field or Lower FIeld. EACH TEAM MUST HAVE ONE ADULT WATCHING THEIR TEAM (manager, coach, team parent).
- *PARKING - ONCE JMP LOT IS FULL WE WILL PARK CARS BY THE PONY FIELD. ONCE THAT IS FULL WE WILL DIVERT TRAFFIC TO LANTIER TREE FARM.
** PARENTS SHOULD BRING LAWN CHAIRS
- 9:00AM-9:30AM - a representative from every team must stop by the snack stand to pick up their team picture packet (picture day is Sunday April 19) and their team’s raffles tickets. Every player that attends will get one raffle ticket. If you have more tickets than players attending, give the kids more than 1.
9:30AM - parade of players begins. The parade order will be -
- Buddy Ball Teams
Tee Ball Teams
Majors 11 Teams/Majors 12 Teams/Pony Teams
- 10:00AM - Ceremony Begins on Upper Field followed by 50/50 draw and fraffle numbers announced
- 10:45 AM(Approx) - clear fields
11:00AM - scheduled games start